佛罗里达州BG真人部宣布2019年额外指导-20 School Year
佛罗里达州BG真人部宣布2019年额外指导-20 School Year
塔拉哈西,佛罗里达州.2020年3月17日- 今天, the Department of Education and Commissioner Richard Corcoran are using executive authority to support the Florida Division of Emergency Management to ensure Florida citizens are kept safe.
“The containment of COVID-19 is essential, and this is not a decision we made lightly. Districts have taken action and have instituted distance learning as a necessary precaution to protect students, BG真人工作者, 家庭, 以及佛罗里达州的整体公共健康,” BG真人专员理查德·科科伦说道. “We are working with our local school districts to provide guidance and help children who need access to food during this time. Our number one priority is keeping BG真人的家庭 safe and healthy and stopping the spread of this virus. 这些行动将有助于减缓COVID-19在佛罗里达州的传播. 我将继续与州长合作, 负责人, Florida 大学 System and the State University System to do whatever we can to protect our children, BG真人的家庭, 和BG真人的社区.”
- All 公立和私立K-12 and career and technical center campuses are closed through April 15, 2020.
- 学校 are encouraged to operate virtually or through other non-classroom-based means to the greatest extent possible to implement distance learning.
- School districts should be prepared to extend their educational calendars 在6月30日, 2020, 在可行和必要的范围内.
- 为科利尔, 杜瓦, 萨姆特和联合县学区, 他们都将在3月20日结束延长的春假, 2020, 学校将一直关闭到4月15日, 2020, 虽然他们将在3月23日开始虚拟教学.
- To support students with identified IEP-related services who may have a disruption in services, school districts are given flexibility for the remainder of the school year to provide alternative services or delay services until later in the summer months, 与学生家长和IEP团队合作.
- 所有剩余的入学评估, 自愿在读幼儿园之前 and K-12 assessments are cancelled for the 2019-2020 school year.
- 毕业及晋升要求, and final course grades will be evaluated as though those assessments which were cancelled did not exist.
- K-12 school grades will not be calculated for 2019-2020 and schools in turnaround may continue their current status for 2020-2021 to avoid disruption to school leadership and operations.
- Eligibility for Florida Bright Futures scholarships shall be based on available data and results. 无法进行的测试不应计算在内.
- The Commissioner may reduce required instructional hours as necessary to accommodate for closures.
- The Florida Department of Education and K-12 school districts are instructed to redirect unspent 2019-2020 funds from Reading Scholarship Accounts, 阅读指导分配, the Digital Classroom Allocation and the 老师 Classroom Supply Assistance Program to help low-income students purchase digital devices and establish Internet services.
- 以方便教师和学生之间的远程联系, K-12 school districts are further permitted to redirect unspent Title 2 funds to help low-income students purchase digital devices and establish Internet services.
- K-12 school districts are permitted to redirect unspent 2019-2020 funds from the 安全的学校 and Mental Health allocations to virtual and telephonic mental health counseling services for students who need emotional support due to COVID-19.
- 所有的入学准备, 自愿在读幼儿园之前, K-12, 职业与技术中心 and state college programs will receive their full allocation of funding, 因此，员工和承包商可以得到全额报酬, 在6月30日, 2020, 好像BG真人没有中断似的.
- 在接下来的120天里, 教师资格认证相关考试的考试费用将会免收, and test takers who were unable to take an exam due to test site locations closing will be granted an extension to meet these requirements.
- All district school board and state college board of trustees meetings 在6月30日, 2020, are postponed and may only be scheduled for emergency purposes only by the respective school district superintendent or college president.
- If there is a vacancy or inability to serve on the part of the superintendent or college president, 随后，各董事会主席可召开紧急会议.
- School districts and state colleges must ensure that meetings held by virtual means are accessible by interested members of the public.
- Commissioner Corcoran urges adherence to the CDC’s guidance for higher-risk populations by cancelling any mass gatherings, 社区活动和课外活动, including sports of 更多的 than 10 people in a single occupied space at any educational program, 入学准备, 自愿在读幼儿园之前, 公立和私立K-12, 职业与技术中心, 以及公立和私立学院和大学.
- Commissioner Corcoran strongly recommend 入学准备 and 自愿在读幼儿园之前 programs adhere to the CDC’s guidance for higher-risk populations by limiting students and employees to no 更多的 than 10 people convening in a single occupied space, 因此需要将学生分组, 保持社交距离的最佳做法和适当的卫生习惯.
- All services provided by the divisions of 职业康复 and 盲目的服务 to clients shall be provided solely though virtual and telephonic methods to the extent possible.
- The Department will work with appropriate federal authorities to seek waivers for any federal requirements that may be impacted.
- 所有公立州立学院, and private college and campuses and buildings are closed for the remainder of the spring semester.
- 大学s are encouraged to operate virtually or through other non-classroom-based means to the greatest extent possible.
- 大学s should be prepared to extend their educational calendars 在6月30日, 2020, 在可行和必要的范围内.